Overproduction of melanin (that gives hair and face color) in certain spots on the skin causes hyper-pigmentation. It is a common harmless skin problem, which results in darkened patches of skin than the normal skin color.
Potatoes are not just good sources of starch but can also prevent a host of skin pigmentation problems like melasma, dark circles, hyper and hypo-pigmentation.
Try these effective DIY potato treatments and see the magic for yourself. They can lighten the skin with continuous application.
– Slice up a potato into thick pieces. Put a few drops of water on the surface of a potato piece and then rub directly on your skin where you have pigmentation.
– Do this for about 8-10 minutes.
– Wash your face with lukewarm water.
– Repeat the process three or four times a day for at least a month.
- Grate one potato and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Add an equal amount of lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area. Leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice daily for a month.
Taken from Fit And Healthy 24.
ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING MEDICAL OPINION AND ANY OTHER HEALTH-RELATED INFORMATION, IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED TO BE A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT PLAN FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL SITUATION. USE OF THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN DOES NOT CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP. ALWAYS SEEK THE DIRECT ADVICE OF YOUR OWN DOCTOR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING YOUR OWN HEALTH OR THE HEALTH OF OTHERS.